Justin Alexander, CEO of the Justin Alexander brand married the lovely Kelsey Turchy, in a magical wedding nestled in the Tuscan Hills of Italy on 30th of September.
Kelsey and Justin initially met at an event in New York City in January 2019. They did not have a first date, however, until a year later, in January 2020 following a chance encounter in Tulum, Mexico. Shortly after, the COVID-19 pandemic hit but it did not stop their relationship from growing.
“COVID-19 allowed Kelsey and I to slow down and spend quality time together in a really difficult period,” Warshaw said. “Normally, I am traveling 5 months out of the year visiting our design rooms, trade shows, clients abroad and attending international photo shoots. Instead, time was spent at home cooking, picking up new hobbies and working remotely. The situation grounded us both, together, and allowed our relationship to blossom.”
The highly anticipated proposal came on the heels of a romantic week-long ski vacation which included skiing, dinners, drinks, pampering and the celebration of Kelsey’s birthday. Justin commemorated the week by bringing along his Leica Sofort camera that takes Polaroids and captured moments all the way up to the proposal.
“I wanted to make the proposal special for Kelsey, so planning to pop the question in the charming town of Jackson Hole boasting its stunning views in the background was ideal,” Warshaw said. “I collaborated with Kelsey’s family to design the engagement ring, plan the vacation and pop the question. We even arranged for her family to surprise her at lunch post-proposal and went on a snowshoeing excursion as a group. We will cherish the memories we made in Jackson Hole forever.”
A clean, modern wedding in a fairytale castle
Justin Alexander Warshaw, CEO of the Justin Alexander group, has now married the love of his live, Kelsey Turchy, in a magical wedding nestled in the Tuscan Hills of Italy. The wedding took place on the 30th of September.
The overall vision for the wedding was a modern, elegant and minimal style as they wanted to draw on the natural beauty and character of the castle and its surroundings in Siena, and create a beautiful and elegant setting in the amazing, old fairytale-like castle.
The beautiful couple kicked off the weekend with a welcome dinner, at the Borgo San Luigi. The guests got to enjoy the incredible wines of Tuscany and Italian live music. Kelsey wore a beautiful suit from Viktor & Ralph.
The wedding and ceremonu took place at the historical castle of Castello di Celsa in Siena Italy, dating back to the 13th century. The setting with lush gardens and incredible views was incredible. Kelsey wore a custom made Justin Alexander dress.
– The dresscode was Black Tie, both Kelsey and I love to dress up, says Justin. We thought the wedding would be a great opportunity for our guests to dress up.
After the ceremony it was time for the reception, with authentic Tuscan cuisine on the menu. For the reception, Kelsey surprised Justin by wearing his favorite design – style Bobby from the Justin Alexander Signature. -collection. Later in the evening she changed to a custom made Justin Alexander dress for the party to dance the night away!
– Kelsey and I couldn’t have dreamt up a more magical three days of marriage celebration. We were so fortunate to have a Tuscan wedding with so much family and so many friends there to support us. The forecast called for rain, and it had been pouring all week, but the sky cleared on our wedding day just as I reached Kelsey for our first look. The rest of it was a blur… but we had an amazing night filled with beautiful words, great food, laughter, fireworks and dancing.
What was the most special part of the whole day?
- The first look was just amazing, I couldn’t control my smiles.
The next day, Kelsey wore a custom made Justin Alexander design at the bridal brunch.
Tell us more about the outfits!
- A big thanks to my dear friend and colleague Terri Hilferty for designing Kelsey’s ceremony, party and brunch dresses! You did a phenomenal job! I was glad to be a small part of Kelsey’s outfit selection as she wore a modified Bobbie gown to the reception (my favorite gown that I’ve designed) AND I was able to personalize the ceremony dress and veil with Terri’s help by secretly adding a few embroidered handwritten notes. Something we would love to introduce to more brides interested in that customization as it’s fun and personal!
- Photography: @davidbastianoni @alessiafrancophotographer
- Catering: @guidilencicatering
- Florals: @flowersliving
- Bride Hair & makeup: @cheriespisso
- Welcome party HMU: @giuliaditerlizzi
- Entertainment/sound/lighting: @kaleydo.official
- Video: @waterfallvisuals_videography
- Planner: @primaveradreams
- Planning Assistant: @dianadaros
- Wedding venue: @castellodicelsa
- Welcome party: @relaisborgosanluigi
- Stationary/illustrations: @loinlondon
- Bride’s Welcome party outfit: @viktorandrolfmariage
- Bride’s ceremony look: custom @signaturebyja @justinalexander with handwritten notes by Justin on dress and veil
- Bride’s reception look: modified Bobbie by Justin Alexander Signature (designed by Justin and his favorite dress as a surprise by Kelsey)
- Bride’s party dress: custom @signaturebyja @justinalexander
- Bride’s brunch look: custom @bylillianwest
- Bride’s shoes: @renecaovilla @manoloblahnik
- Bride’s Rings: @castlecouturejewelers
- Groom’s Ring: @wardstrootman
- Robes: @floranikrooz
- Bridesmaids: @dessygroup
- Tuxedo: @RalphLauren
- Groom’s shoes: @louboutinworld and Jordan’s x Travis Scott